Here are the videos by country from my three-month trip around the world. Enjoy the highlights and recommendations! Stay tuned for a new country each week.
This week’s Country: ITALY! (North-Central)
- Athens for a Day Recap
- Milan for the Day
- Recommendation: DaVinci’s Last Supper Painting Closed on Mondays
Italy Day 2 (RTW#34): Lake Como, Italy and Lugano, Switzerland
- Day in Lake Como and Lugano, Switzerland
- Recommendation: Check out the view from the Lighthouse
- Recommendation: Take a quick train to Lugano from Lake Como (about 40 min away)
Italy Day 3 (RTW#35): Cinque Terra Winds in October: Manarola, Italy
- Windy Day in Manarola (Late October- Off Season)
Italy Day 4 (RTW#36): What is Cinque Terre? Come trek with me through the 5 cities.
- Summary of the Hike through Cinque Terre’s five towns: Monterosso al Mare, Vernazza, Corniglia, Manarola and Riomaggiore.
- Recommendation: Hike the cities “Backwards” starting at Monterosso al Mare and ending in Riomaggiore for the best views as you approach each city
- Recommendation: You roll the dice a little when you enter off season with wind/rain, but I caught a great day in October and the trail was not crowded
- Recommendation: There is a train that runs from each city in Cinque Terre if you can’t or don’t want to do the full hike, but want to see each city
- Recommendation: Buy a day pass that covers the hike and trains
- Wine/Cheese Lounge Recommendation: Sunset at A Pie De Ma
Italy day 5 (RTW#37): The Best Bolognese in Bologna, Italy: Trattoria della Santa
- VISIT BOLOGNA!! A wonderful underrated city!
- Best Bolognese (Ever) Recommendation: Trattoria della Santa
Italy day 6 (RTW#38): Abandoned in Firenze, Duomo, Piazza de Michelangelo: Florence, Italy
- Getting into Florence/A Day in Florence
- I HAD THE WORST EXPERIENCE WITH THE TOURIST HOTEL DUOMO (Abandoned with no hotel in Florence after booking a room and paying in advance. I communicated to them about my arrival via email and even made a friend on the train to call and speak to them in Italian, but they still left me abandoned. To add insult to injury, they charged me a cancellation fee after giving my room to someone else).
- BED AND BREAKFAST SAVIORS: SOGGIORNO BURCHI, Took me in after being left hotel-less and treated me like family and made me feel right at home.
- View of Florence Recommendation: Piazza de Michelangelo: Sunset, Church Bells, and Monks Chanting
Italy Day 7 (RTW#39): Boboli Gardens in Florence, Italy
- Recommendation: Boboli Gardens
- Recommendation: Giotto’s Campanile (Giotto’s Bell Tower) and Duomo – Cathedral of Santa Maria dei Fiore
- Pizza Recommendation: Gusta Pizza
- Dinner Recommendation: La Cucina Del Garga (One of the very best meals of my trip!!! Amazing food, wine, service and ambiance. They even let you channel your inner-artist and use markers all over your table cloth!)
Italy Day 8 (RTW#40): Wine Tasting in Tuscany, Italy. Tenuta Torciano Winery
- Day in Siena, San Gimignano
- Wine Tasting in Tuscany: Tenuta Torciano Winery
Italy Day 9 (RTW#41): Siena to Rome to Home!
- Bus from Siena to Rome: 3 Hours
- Pizza Recommendation in Rome: Pizzeria da baffetto
More on Italy:
- Top 8 Things I’m glad I Spent Money On Around the World/How to Avoid International Fees
- Top 10 Places that You’ve Never Heard of But Need to Put on Your Bucket List
- Cinque Terre: A Gypsetter’s Guide Through Hiking CT